Man City – Make your move
Email marketing campaigns are the ideal way to quickly connect with a large audience – done correctly, it’s instant, powerful and can encourage recipients to take a required action.
For this project, we needed to tie together two big brands; Manchester City Football Club and their official recruitment partner, Hays.
With the latter’s international presence over 33 different countries, we needed to target a wide range of languages to ensure we could reach out to a broad audience, and promote their services using four recent Manchester City’s signings as an example of success.
How we did it
Incorporating the ‘Making your move’ strapline, we developed an email campaign using a static image and content, while also utilising a video featuring the recently signed players.
Our support included:
- Creation and development of the overall campaign including all email content
- Embed the video to encourage click-throughs
- Translate the email content into 11 different languages, ensuring complete accuracy
- Testing of the campaign to ensure we reached our goal of a 99% open-rate
- Distribution of the campaign
Our rigorous testing process brought great results, with an exceptional level of engagement and video views. The email campaign was accessible to recipients reading in languages such as French, Italian, Polish, Chinese and of course English.
This attention to pre-launch testing also ensured that the campaign could be viewed to the same high standard across all devices, including tablets and smartphones.