How people use their devices
Nowadays, lots of people use mobiles to get results straight away. For marketers, this is important to know. When telling a story, the marketer must know how to do so across multiple devices, channels and formats.
Device usage in a typical day
- 80% use a smartphone
- 57% use more than one type of device
- 27% use a smartphone only
- 14% use a computer only
Nearly 40% of people search only on a smartphone, to meet immediate needs, therefore more Google searches are happening on smartphone as opposed to computers.
Terms most likely searched on mobile:
- Health – cold and flu, sunburns, cold sores
- Parenting – maternity and new parenting, teething
- Beauty – nail care, hair styling, manicures and pedicures
Source: Think With Google