Are you a charity or non-profit organisation? Do you want to raise awareness online about your cause and seek to increase donations?
Google is offering you free money to help you do just that.
What is Google Ad Grants?
Google Ad Grants is the non-profit edition of AdWords, Google’s online advertising tool. Google Ad Grants enables non-profit organisations to promote their missions and initiatives on Google.co.uk, through $10,000 per month in in-kind AdWords advertising.
What’s the catch?
There is no catch. We would advise that you use a digital marketing specialist like AMA to set up and manage your Adwords, to ensure you are getting the most out of the grant. AMA have expertise in marketing for charities, especially online. It’s not just about getting the Google Ad up – there is the whole journey from clicking the Ad to visiting your website or landing page and beyond. However, if done correctly, the fee involved for managing a campaign should bring a healthy return on investment, especially if you are using the Grant programme to increase donations. Furthermore, it’s possible to see the potential amount of visitors to your website or landing page before you’ve even started.
Is your charity eligible for Google Ad Grants?
To be eligible for the Google Ad Grants programme, organisations must:
- Hold current and valid charity status
- Acknowledge and agree to the application’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use
- Have a functioning website with substantial content
Please note that the following organisations are not eligible for Google Ad Grants:
- Governmental entities and organisations
- Hospitals and medical groups
- Schools, childcare centres, academic institutions and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organisations are eligible)
Definition for charity status in the UK
Organisations must be based in the United Kingdom and registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales, to be considered for a Google Ad Grant.
To maintain eligibility in the Google Ad Grants programme:
1. Your ads must ONLY link to the ONE non-profit website URL that was approved in the application.
2. You are required to actively manage the AdWords account by logging in monthly. Should you not log in to your account for 30 days, your account will be subject to pausing without notification.
3. Your ads must reflect the mission of the approved non-profit organisation and your keywords must be relevant to the non-profit’s programmes and services.
4. Strictly commercial advertising is not allowed through this programme. If you intend to promote products or services, 100% of the sales and/or proceeds must support your programme.
5. Your Google ads cannot link to pages that are primarily links to other websites.
6. Ads offering financial products (such as mortgages or credit cards) or those requesting car, boat or property donations and related keywords are not allowed.
7. Your website cannot display Google AdSense ads or affiliate advertising links while participating in Google Ad Grants.
Google Ad Grants programme details
Google Ad Grantees receive free AdWords advertising on Google.co.uk. Google Ad Grantees build and manage their own AdWords accounts similar to paying advertisers, but participate with the following restrictions:
1. A daily budget set to $329 USD, which is equivalent to about $10,000 per month
2. A maximum cost-per-click (CPC) limit of $2.00 USD
3. Only run keyword-targeted campaigns
4. Only appear on Google.co.uk
5.Only run text ads
Google Ad Grantees may only promote mission-based ads and keywords in their AdWords account:
Shop and Fight Cancer
Our Pink Ribbon Collection has unique Gifts for a Great Cause.
- Shop for cancer
- Shop for breast cancer
- Cancer store
- Cancer merchandise
Not Acceptable Ad:
Buy Gifts Online
Clothing, Books, Music & More
Save Time and Money Now!
- Buy clothing
- Online clothing store
- Online shoe store
- Shop mp3s